Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Asperger's Syndrome Story on This American Life



So, I must admit I'm a This American Life addict.  I love 85% of the stories they share.  I look forward to their releasing the new podcast each week and it actually can make me smile to get a new one.  So I wanted to share right away with you all that the second part this week's show #458 (Play the Part: 2-17-12) is about a married couple sharing about their experience learning that the husband has Asperger's Syndrome.  They then explain the process in which he studied and learned about how to act appropriately in all sorts of different social settings.  The husband Dave Finch has written a book about this experience which I've just downloaded to my Kindle called the Journal of Best Practices.  I absolutely love reading the insights of adult with Asperger's.  I'll share more with you once I'm in to the book.  In the meantime, I highly recommend the episode!  Here's the link as well to an essay he wrote for the New York Times.

Graphic Image: from This American Life's Website

1 comment:

  1. I just read the essay. They really are an amazing couple. I found it interesting when he talked about learning to empathise. I can't wait to hear what you think of the book.

    ReplyDelete